Sunday, December 30, 2012

In the Spirit of New Year's...

So, I don't want to disclose ALL of my goals for 2013, but here are some exerpts of the letter I sent my coach...hope you enjoy it.


Goals for 2013


December 30, 2012
Dear Coach J,

What better time to sit down and write down goals, then for New Year’s! 

So let’s start out fresh!  Besides wanting to look like this…see below.
Exerpt 1

Truth be told, they’re hot!  And they look insane!  And I really do love it…all of it.

Okay, this is going to be a little A.D.D.  But why have it any other way.

Exerpt 2

 
Truth be told I want Camille’s shoulders.

FITNESS/ATHLETIC BACKGROUND ANALYSIS
I am kind of a weekend warrior.  I have played organized sports since I was five years old.  I grew up playing soccer, softball, dance…these were my main activities, I also did volleyball, basketball, cross country, track, skied, snowboarded, gymnastics, swimming, Oral Interpretation, cheer, pep, ballet and even tap.  All over the place!  I know!  But that’s how I was!  And that’s how I still am!  A.D.D.!  I was so excited anytime flyers came home from school!  I was like, “Mom!  Sign me up!”  I finally started doing 5ks for fun and triathlons.  Eventually, I got into yoga and Tai Bo…okay, what’s the point…I really enjoy a diversity of activities because it makes me HAPPY.  (Well, I could do without the Tai Bo.)

So this time around, I want to focus on my training and still sprinkle in the fun because without it…I kind of get depressed.

Exerpt 3

CONDITIONING
 
·         I like grunt work

·         I need to practice double-unders.  I would like to do 100 unbroken.

·         I like keeping up on my conditioning because I am such a weekend warrior, BUT I do know how important the strength is now J
      So when I’m thinking conditioning…don’t worry.  I am thinking more like the guy on the right, then the left.
 
Exerpt 4
 
(If you're still reading this I'm astonished.  No, not my coach...YOU!)
 
LESSONS LEARNED
I finally get how important the strength is, and how it has to be a priority.  And it is interesting how the strength transfers over into other lifts and skills as well, even if you are not working on them…for example, I did “Lynne” on Friday…I used #125 for my Bench Press, and my reps were: 7,6,4,3,3…last three in my last set were assisted, but I blame Greg for spotting me like a crazy man with his hands near the barbell the whole time, which totally broke my mental game.  Anywho…
(This was significant because I hadn't benched pressed in forever.)
Love, peace, and hair grease!  Happy New Year's, and Happy 2013!
Cheers!
P.S.  If you want to ring in the New Year with a solid strength program, I will highly recommend my coach, Jocelyn Forest, and former coach, Kyle Haynes.




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this. You are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete