As I have entered into the Paleo Challenge at my gym to lose body fat, for the first time ever, I have forced myself to really take this whole understanding calories thing seriously. Actually, never understood it before at all. This was largely influenced by the hydrostatic dunk tank test that evaluates body weight and lean body mass that was done at my gym at the beginning of the month.
This has forced me to do some research and look at nutrition in a different way. Paleo schmaleo, but if you have no idea how many calories you should be consuming or your BMR, then how can you attempt to plot out a successful plan for body fat loss?
Today, I came across this great post from fitness author and guru, Brad Pilon. Click on the link below to read further.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
|Visit Delicious by Dre|
While there are many versions of the Paleo Pumpkin Protein Pancakes...here's one to try:
Paleo Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop vanilla egg white protein powder (or whatever vanilla protein powder your little heart desires if you are not strictly paleo)
- 2 tbsp organic milled flax
- 2 tbsp organic agave (or stevia)
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- stir in/dissolve the pumpkin into the egg whites & add the agave
- mix dry ingredients separately & add to the wet ingredients
- heat pan or griddle on medium low heat and coat with organic coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter onto your cooking surface
- once it bubbles up, use a spatula to flip it over & cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 min on the other side
this time around, not only did my husband shovel an entire pancake into his mouth in two bites, but he then asked how long he had to wait for me to take a picture of it before he could eat the rest! :)
nom. nom. nom." - Courtesy of www.foodgawker.com
To see more great gluten free recipies, visit Delicious by Dre.