Friday, August 24, 2012

Oops, I Did it Again

Oops, I did it again....

It's true...I totally indulged in gluten...and I had to pay the consequences.

Remember this pic from an older post?


Classic pic right?  Well, it's true...

On Tuesday night following my training session at Santa Cruz Strength and after picking up my amazing son from his training session at the local M.M.A. gym, Farley's Kickboxing Academy, we were hungry!  Okay, I was hungry.  And I gave in to the closest thing to me, Pizza My Heart!  Pizza My Heart is a locally owned Santa Cruz Pizza place.  It's faaaaaaantastic!  In fact, when I first moved to Santa Cruz, which is seven years ago now, my son and I would eat their often.  They sell pizza by the slice!  And I could order a delicious salad!  Besides their prices were just right.  So anyway, back to Tuesday night...we were heading home and driving right on the over pass, when low and behold stood before me the glorious Pizza My Heart!  It must have been illuminating a radiant sparkling unicorn type of energy, and I was obviously in a trans because I headed straight there, ignoring the fact that I was prepared to hop on the freeway.

Anywho, it wasn't even that delicious :(  But I suffered the consequences for it the following day.  Actually, not even the following day...that night!  Here's a list of my ailments:  gas, disgusting I know, but we all have it from time to time, it's natural, anyway, bloating, completely plugged up in one nostril...the way it used to be my whole life, prior to getting off gluten, headache, fatigue, and what else...oh just in general I felt like my allergies were on attack in full force :(  Yuck!  Not worth it no sir-ee. 

So the moral of the story is gluten free pizza!  I have had this multiple times before at Woodstock's Pizza downtown, Pleasure Pizza in Pleasure Point, and Michael's Pizza in Capitola!  All of them are delicious, and all of them come highly recommended by yours truly!  Me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment