Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Open is Over

The 2013 CrossFit Games Open is done and over.  I have to admit...I am a little bit sad that it's over :(  The weekly workouts, the anticipation, the pain, the competition, the camaraderie...these are all things that I love and will miss...onto training for next year. 
 
All in all I am competing with myself....where I was last year in my physical fitness and abilities...and hoping that I've made some gains since then.  It is clear that I still need to get those darn double-unders...and can certainly be stronger...but to be perfectly honest...although I would have liked to have done better...I am pleased...and here's why:  I spent the last year and a half working on strength and Olympic lifting technique, and I don't regret it one bit...all of the knowledge and skills that I have aquired are irreplaceable and have given me the opportunity to be a better coach, crossfitter, and training partner. 
 
Now with that being said, I did compromise my metabolic conditioning, but I am okay with that.  Now I am ready to get back at it and maybe keep a more balanced approach when it comes to strength and conditioning...and crossfitting.  I figure by next year, I will certainly be in better shape physically and even mentally...because all in all crossfitting pushes me to be better.  It's me against me.


CrossFit Games Workout 13.5
4 min. AMRAP
15 Thrusters
15 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
(If 90 Reps is completed add 4 min, repeat)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment