Friday, September 28, 2012

C2B Pull-Ups, aka Chest to Bar Pull-Ups

So this summer, after my adventures with Mel Mel in South America...I spent some more time with Mel Mel down in Newport Beach...over a week in Newport...a week at Orange Coast CrossFit, and a weekend at The Games.  Life was unbelievable....I even did Bikram Yoga in Costa Mesa at College of India at The Camp!  Love their studio...

Anywho, this summer...I could not for the life of me...do chest to bar pull-ups.  I remember training with two friends, and they were surprised that I couldn't do them, for how "advanced" I was, quote.

So last night in my training schedule, my coach had programed 35 C2B pull-ups...I didn't know if I could even get one!...so here's what happened...I got one...I flew up high and hit my chest!  I was so stoked...but I didn't get just one...I did a total of 40 C2B pull-ups!  No, not strung together...in small sets...let me have my moment, a PR is a PR, especially going from NO C2B pull-ups!  So so stoked!  Had more in me too :)

This came with regular weekly strict pull-up practice...usually totals of 35, now I do pull-ups twice a week, plus ring pull-ups, etc.

This could not come at a better time too...the week had been extremely trying on my soul after a disastorous and toxic work related meeting...

Love that quote I found...it's perfect...

Programming by Jocelyn Forest, Co-Owner with her husband, Kyle Haynes @ Santa Cruz Strength



No comments:

Post a Comment